The ESN Card is exclusively issued for exchange students by ESN International. The National and Local levels are offering different discounts with the card, like cheaper excursions, parties, travel offers etc. For us it acts as a proof that the student is here in exchange and therefore it ensures that only those benefit from our services.
Only exchange students (and students with a Swiss Government scholarship issued by CRUS) who study at the ETH, the University of Zurich, ZHDK or PHZH are entitled to buy the ESN card as its discounts are mostly enabled by the financial support of these institutions.
One Year from the date of purchase.
- At the ESN Zürich office
- During some of the first parties/pubs (as announced)
Discounts in Zürich
IMPORTANT: to get the discount you have to show your ESN card BEFORE you order!
- At most International Pubs there will be a special with ESN-card
- Rent a car with your ESN Card: HAPPYCAR offers you a special voucher code for a 10€ discount with a minimum booking of 75€. The voucher can be used for any rental car booked through the website (www.happycar.de) and can be re-used as often as needed. You can get your voucher code directly at our ESN Office.
- Partnership with Ryanair: With your ESN card you can benefit from a 15% discount + one free 15kg checked-in luggageon 8 single flights (or 4 return flights)! This offer is valid on flights booked at least 28 days in advance, from September 2017 until 15th of June 2018 - which means that it will unfortunately not be valid for summer vacation flights. Importantly, in order to benefit from the offer, you need to register on ESNcard.org, add your ESNcard number to your user profile and fill in ALL FIELDS of your user profile. Your flight can then be booked on https://esncard.org/ryanair, where you will be asked to enter your ESNcard number. You can only benefit from this discount when booking flights from the dedicated platform, and not from the regular Ryanair website. None of the private information that you will enter on esncard.org will be communicated to Ryanair, but an integration tool with our ESNcard database will check if the information on your user profile is valid. If some fields are missing, your card will not be validated and you could be requested to pay the saved 15% discount at the gate... So please make sure that you do fill in all the fields. If you have any questions, you can check the following FAQ: https://esn.org/ryanair-faq
- ESN Switzerland is happy to announce its partnership with APRIL Suisse! Check out the great offer this insurance company has for exchange students in Switzerland: https://www.scorestudies.ch/en/
- you can find other various discounts on esncard.org
ESN Zürich is not responsible for these offers. The offers can change without further notice.